Pages

Sunday 15 April 2012

DIY: Nebula Shoes!

DIY: Nebula "hipster" shoes

I made these shoes last summer and got some pretty good use out of them. 
As a pre warning, these shoes start to get stiff from the paint, if anyone knows how to fix this let me know! 
I found that after a couple wears they started to loosen up a bit, but I don't think it's possible to get rid of the stiffness! 
I also recommend you do this outside because it gets very messy! 

Materials Needed:
- White Canvas Shoe
- Water
- Paint Brushes
- Paint: Black, White, Purple, Silver, Gold
-Water protectant spray

How to:
-  I wanted to have my shoelaces stark white when I had my shoe, so the first step was to take out the shoelaces, and set them aside
- Then I went ahead and painted the whole shoe black (I recommend that you get a white shoe and paint it black, rather then just buying a black shoe because that way the black paint can mix in with some of the colours) 
-Afterwards I stippled white clouds onto the back of the shoe, and up towards the middle
-Once that was completely dry and hardened and I dipped my brush into the white paint and started to flick it onto the shoe more towards the back end
- After I stippled purple clouds at the very back heel of the shoe, and a faint layer in the middle
- Then went over the middle layer of purple, with a little more black
- Once that was completely dry, I started putting in gold stars all over the back heel
- Then painted larger stars in white that looked like plus signs! 
- Once that was all dry, I sprayed it with some water protectant, then put the shoe laces in! 

It was a simple project, that really made a statement piece every time I wore them- People always asked where I got them, and asked me to make them a pair when I said it was a DIY! 

xox
Stephanie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment